Best Graco double stroller to buy – 2018 buyers guide
The best Graco double stroller for you depends on what your need is, whether you have two infants, twins or a baby and toddler to push at the same time.
There are a variety of Graco double strollers for parents to choose from including the side-by-side duo stroller, our favourite the Duo Modes tandem stroller or the RoomFor2 sit and stand double stroller.
Although the Graco strollers may not be the most stylish you’ll find on the market, they generally look good, are very functional, well designed, safe and value for money.
In this article
- OUR TOP PICKS – GRACO DOUBLE STROLLER
- Graco Duo Modes – most versatile double stroller
- Graco DuoGlider Classic – best tandem double stroller
- Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect – best for parents with baby and toddler (sit and stand)
- Graco Fastaction Fold Duo Click Connect – best side-by-side double stroller
- Graco Ready2Grow LX – best combination stroller for baby and toddler
OUR TOP PICKS – GRACO DOUBLE STROLLER
|Name||Image||Best for ....|
Graco Duo Modes
|Most versatile||View on Amazon|
|Graco DuoGlider Classic||Best Tandem||View on Amazon|
|Graco Roomfor2||Best for parents with Toddler and Baby||View on Amazon|
Graco Fastaction Fold Duo
|Best side-by side||View on Amazon|
|Graco Ready2Grow LX||Best combo stroller||View on Amazon|
Graco Duo Modes – most versatile double stroller
The Graco Duo Modes double stroller is by far Graco’s most versatile double stroller. It’s essentially a newer and updated version of the now discontinued Ready2grow double stroller. The Duo Modes stroller gives you so many ways of configuring different combinations, 27 to be exact. Whether you have 2 babies, or two toddlers or a baby and a toddler you need to push together….there is a mode you can set it up in that works for you. With 27 riding combinations, we love having so many options and it really does grow with you as your family grows.
The Graco Duo Modes also has some other great features including lots of storage underneath. And we like the fact that it has cupholders for both parents and kids too. Quick stopping is also made simple with a single foot brake in front. Being a tandem stroller also means you won’t have any problems slipping through doorways or narrow spaces, and they are generally easier to control than the wider side-by-side strollers.
What we love about the DuoModes double stroller
- 27 riding combinations – from infant to toddler
- Compatible with two Graco SnugRide Click Connect Infant Car Seats (bought separately)
- Seats can be removed
- Seats can take up to 50 pounds in weight
- Built-in bench seat
- Folds with one hand
- Lockable front swivel wheel
- Extra big storage basket
- Cup holder for parents at the top
- Two cupholders for kids (removable)
Graco DuoGlider Classic – best tandem double stroller
The Graco DuoGlider tandem stroller is a great quality double stroller. It has really comfortable seating for your little ones with the rear seat being slightly raised for a better view. This Graco tandem stroller has both a child tray and one for the parents at the back which is really handy. Folding is also quite easy and is intended to be done one-handed which we managed to get right with a couple of practise tries initially. The underneath storage basket is also huge which we love because it makes carting all the extra baby bits and pieces around much easier, and is super convenient for shopping trips. The front wheels are also lockable making it easier to manoeuvre especially in tighter situations.
Graco Duoglider vs Ready2grow
- Duoglider is almost 7 pounds duoglider at 27.37 pounds versus the Ready2Grow’s 34 pounds in weight.
- Duoglider is 3 inches narrower and a bit easier to fit through doorways
- Duoglider is number 1 best selling tandem stroller on Amazon as of this writing
- Cheaper than the Ready2grow (but that’s probably due to less versatility)
- The Ready2grow however has a lot more different seating combinations, 12 riding options in total to cater for infant through to toddler or a combination of the two
Overall we’d recommend the DuoGlider if you’re not too concerned about the different combinations of seating and happy with just a tandem double stroller. If you looking for something more versatile then the Graco Ready2grow is a better option (although in that case rather get the newer Graco Duo modes combination double stroller – see our update below).
What we love about the Duoglider stroller
- Really roomy and comfortable seats
- Can hold two Graco Classic Connect car seats.
- One handed easy folding
- Each seat can hold up to 40 pounds
- Two large umbrella canopies
- Seat back-rests recline totally flat
- Extra-large storage basket and parent’s tray (#win)
Check DuoGlider best price on Amazon
Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect – best for parents with baby and toddler (sit and stand)
The Graco RoomFor2 is ideal for parents on the go with two children, whether walking or a quick dash to the shops. This sit and stand stroller is nice and compact while still allowing a second child to either sit or stand at the back. The front seat is comfortable and also reclines. The rear bench is padded and fairly comfortable for an older toddler. This stroller is particular useful for parents of a baby and toddler that want the option of the older child to also be able to hop on when they get tired. It is also compatible with all Graco Classic Connect and Click Connect infant car seats.
What we love about the RoomFor2 stroller
- Great compact stroller for two kids (especially perfect for a baby and toddler combo)
- Compatible with Graco SnugRide Classic Connect & Click Connect Infant Car Seats
- Extra Child can sit or stand at the back
- Front-seat that reclines flat
- One-handed folding with storage latch
Graco Fastaction Fold Duo Click Connect – best side-by-side double stroller
The Duo click connect stroller is a great looking and comfortable stroller option. It’s nice and compact for a side by side double stroller, allowing it to still fit through normal doorways which is a big plus. The seats are really comfortable and nicely padded and reclines almost flat which is great for changing nappies or allow smaller kids/babies to sleep comfortably. As it’s name suggests, the folding action is also really smooth and easy for a double stroller.
Go from stroller to car
The Graco click connect double stroller is compatible with the Graco click connect seat which can be bought separately, and also comes with a base for the car included.
This lets you use the connect seat seamlessly in your car and the connect double stroller. no base is needed for the stroller as it snaps straight into the stroller seat). It will also fit 2 car seats at the same time if you have two babies.
Quick and Compact folding
I’ve personally used and review a few strollers over the years. And there’s one thing that will push me over the edge faster than a fox chasing a rabbit, and that’s a stroller that is so complicated and difficult to fold that you need a degree in rocket-science to get it right. Luckily, although not quite the 1-second folding as it claims, this side-by-side stroller really does fold very quickly and easily.
And if you want to make it even more compact, you can push the seats completely forward all the way down and turn the front wheels to the side before you put it into your car.
Keep an eye on your kids easily
I’ll be honest, I’m one of those moms that need to be able to have a clear view of my kid at all times. I know, I’m pedantic, but I’ve too often seen other children end up tripping head first while the mom is chatting away or looking at Facebook – it only takes a few seconds. Luckily having them strapped into the stroller means they are less likely to get into trouble or mischief but I still like the fact that this stroller comes with little windows that let me see my precious little ones, and most importantly means they can see and talk to me too without me needing to stop or walk around to the front of the stroller. It’s super convenient and matches my OCD nature perfectly! 🙂
Plenty of Storage
Another gripe I have with many stroller these days is that they seem to forget that you’re a oneman (woman) army when it comes to carting your babies and toddlers around. I mean there’s often the nappies, bottles and food just to name a few things that usually go with me. And that’s not including my own stuff like my bag, cellphone, car keys etc… So when I end up with teensy storage baskets or no place to put my child’s sippy cup, it drives me bonkers because I often think the people that design the stroller don’t have kids.
The Graco Duo surpassed all my fears, by including two generous storage baskets underneath the stroller. And not only does it have two separate adjustable cupholders for your baby or toddler, but they have even given the parents two cupholders and a storage area at the top by the push handles – I can’t say thank you enough that they thought this through properly because it really is heaven to be able to easily get all that stuff into the stroller and a place for my drink, cellphone and keys too.
One thing we would perhaps have liked though, is a snack track for the kids. But with it having the kids cupholders it is more of a bonus than a necessity.
Watch Video – Graco FastAction DUO features
|Dimensions||20 x 13 x 40 inches|
|Seats||Holds up to 50 pounds each
|Storage||2 x baskets underneath
2 x child cupholders
Parents storage and cupholders
|Brakes||One foot brake on each side of the stroller in the rear.|
- Slim fit to fit through doorways (love this!)
- It’s compatible with the Graco click connect car seats
- Comfortable deluxe padded seats – each seat can be reclined individually
- The double canopies can be adjusted separately
- Peek-a-boo windows at the back of canopoies for parents to see kids while walking
- Easy quick folding
- No kids snack tray (not a deal breaker for us though)
Graco Ready2Grow LX – best combination stroller for baby and toddler
The Ready2grow tandem stroller is a truly versatile double stroller. Not only is it a traditional tandem double stroller with two seats, but it can also be converted into a sit and stand stroller.
Why is this so cool you might ask? Well you can put a baby in the back using a basinet that clips in, and a bigger toddler in the front seat. Or you can completely remove the rear seat which converts it into a sit and stand and lets the older toddler ride at the back (sitting or standing) while you put another toddler or baby in the front seat.
In fact there are 12 different combinations to this Ready2Grow Graco double stroller shown below.
What we love about the Ready2Grow stroller
- 12 different riding options for 2 kids (baby to toddler)
- Compatible to fit 2 Graco Snug Ride Click Connect Infant Car Seats
- Removable back seat for more options
- Nice large storage basket
- Seat cushions can be removed and washed
- Kids tray can hold 2 cups or bottles plus snacks and adults also have a tray
We love the Graco brand of strollers. They have been in the stroller game for many many years and are known for their quality yet budget friendly options for parents who want a stroller they can depend on for many years. If you’re looking for more tips about the different types of double strollers then take a look at our post on post on how to choose a double stroller.