In this article
- Seat and adjustable backrests
- Takes a Car Seat
- Lots of Storage
- Big Double Umbrellas
- Quick Folding
- Sturdy Wheels and suspension
- Watch the Video Review – B agile double twin stroller
- Our Verdict on the Britax Double Stroller
- Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller
Britax B Agile Double stroller hits the mark. A great side-by-side double stroller that fits through doorways and has a light frame and plenty of storage.
One of our favorite things about the Britax double stroller is that it can fit through standard doors, which is amazing for a double stroller.
If you’re looking to buy a great quality side-by-side double stroller or pram with excellent features then this is the one.
Seat and adjustable backrests
Each seat is able to be used for both infants and toddlers up to 50 pounds. The seat back-rests are adjustable and each seat can be reclined separately from the other to an almost flat position, and allows the stroller to be used from birth. Each seat is 9.5 inches deep and 11.25 wide.
The seats are also a soft comfortable cloth fabric which is washable and easy to keep clean.
Takes a Car Seat
The Britax double stroller can also take a Britax infant car seat, unfortunately only one car seat can be fitted at a time. You can also get an attachment to allow it to fit an alternative branded car seat from other manufacturers.
Lots of Storage
From a storage perspective it has 2 large baskets at the bottom, one under each seat, which are accessible from all four sides of the stroller. It’s also equipped with two useful zip up back pockets which are ideal for keeping keys, phones or valuables etc.
You’ll unfortunately need to purchase the child trays separately if you need them, as they don’t come standard with the stroller. You can buy the Britax side tray accessory on Amazon which includes the kids cup-holder and tray (make sure you buy the double trays, as the single ones won’t fit on the Britax double stroller).
Big Double Umbrellas
The canopy on the B agile double stroller is massive does a great job to shade and protect your kids from wind and sun. And even though it doesn’t come with a rain cover, the built in canopy can be pulled down quite far and is water resistant. It also has a window that allows you to still see your darlings while you are pushing them, which we find to be quite comforting for both them and us.
You can also buy the rain cover separately if you think you’ll need it.
The britax b agile has a quick folding mechanism which makes it fairly flat when folded to be able to fit fairly comforably in most car trunks. The folded up dimensions are 30.5″ Wide x 13″ High x 30.5″ Deep (with seating unit) so you can use those dimension to get an idea if it would fit. We’ve found the stroller also stands up quite easily when folded.
Sturdy Wheels and suspension
This britax double stroller comes with sturdy plastic wheels with an all-wheel suspension which definitely do a good job on roads, cement and some uneven surfaces. You can also lock the rear wheels using a single step lock. Another very useful feature to make pushing more comfortable, especially if you taller than average, is the ability to adjust the stroller handle height higher or lower, to a maximum height of 41.4 inches.
But if you really want a more go anywhere all terrain type of double stroller then we would recommend the City Mini GT Double Stroller from Baby Jogger which has 85 inch all terrain non flat tires that include front wheel suspension.
Watch the Video Review – B agile double twin stroller
What we loved about the Britax B-agile double Stroller
- Fits through standard size door ways
- Quick fold mechanism
- Light-weight design (aluminium)
- Padded seat with reflective binding
- Handle height can be adjusted
- Back-rest is highly adjustable
- Compatible with Britax infant car seat (one at a time)
- Includes two fold-over double hooded umbrella
- Two decent sized storage baskets underneath
What can be improved
- Doesn’t come standard with the trays (but can be purchased separately from Amazon)
- Only takes a single car seat at a time
Our Verdict on the Britax Double Stroller
The Britax B-agile is a really smart looking double stroller that delivers on features. We like the fact that as a side-by-side stroller it can fit through standard doorways. And the adjustable handles and ample storage top it off as a great all round double stroller. It doesn’t come with child trays for the kids but these can be bought separately if you really want, including separate universal cup holders. You can also take a look at our review of the top double strollers from Graco to buy
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller
3 used from $ 475.59
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double stroller with one hand
- 8.5" all terrain non flat tires with front wheel suspension provide a smooth comfortable ride
- Twin stroller features plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top
- Large adjustable sun canopy with peek a boo windows. The City Mini GT Double becomes a travel system in seconds. Choose the Car Seat Adapter compatible with your car seat and you've got a customized travel system for your infant. (Sold separately)
- Tandem stroller has adjustable handlebar that suits users of all heights