So you have a small car. That means it’s zippy and you can park in tight spaces. Unfortunately it also means that you might struggle to find a rear facing car seat that fits your small car. Well, fret no more, cause we got you covered with our list of the best rear facing car seats for a small car.
Our Picks – Compact Rear-Facing car seats
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
- Perfect for smaller cars or for extra space in your larger vehicle, this LATCH-equipped Safety 1st car seat accommodates children from 5 to 40 pounds in rear-facing mode and from 22 to 65 pounds in forward-facing mode.
- Adjust the five-point harness from the front of the seat.
- Side-impact protection built into this infant car seat keeps your little one extra secure.
- Three of these seats can fit side-by-side in the back seat of most cars, perfect for growing families and carpools.
- Removable body pillows ensure that your little one sits comfortably in the seat, while a removable cup holder keeps a drink close by.
The Safety 1st Guide 65 baby car seat is a fairly compact cart considering it’s convertible. This means it will fit easily in small cars. It doesn’t recline though so finding the correct angle when fitting and installing can be tricky, otherwise it’s a good buy.
- Easy To Install
- Comes with removable body pillows for more snug comfort
- Includes a removable cup holder
- Can fit 3 of them in a row in most cars
- Doesn’t recline so can be a bit trickier to install at the right angle
(you can use a rolled up towel or foam pool noodle to put underneath the seat)
SAFETY 1ST GUIDE 65 SPORT CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT!
Chicco NextFit iX Zip Convertible Car Seat
- Recline Sure 9-position levelling system and dual Ride Right bubble levels help achieve and verify proper angle in vehicle seat
- Premium connectors and Super Cinch tightened help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
- New! Lock Sure belt-tightening system helps achieve a secure installation with vehicle seat belt
- New! 9-position easy-adjust headrest and no-rethread harness with easy-pull tightened accommodate growing children
- Zip & Wash seat pad and Comfort Flex harness system that keeps the waist belt out of the way during in/out!
It’s a little bit heavier and bigger than some of the other compact car seats, but otherwise it has great features including ones for added safety like a locksure clip and 9 point harness making it worth the extra money. The comfort flex harness is also great because it means you don’t have to dig underneath your child after putting them in the seat to find the harness. We also like that you can remove the seat cover to wash it separately.
- Very sturdy
- Easy to install
- Machine washable cover (zip off)
- Child sits higher so can see better
- Super comfy material
- Cupholder is a bit small (but can be removed)
- Chest straps can take a bit of getting used to adjusting
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat, Bohemian Red
- 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT - Two modes of use: rear-facing car seat 9-40 pounds and forward-facing car seat 22-70 pounds.
- SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION - Designed by car seat safety experts, the patented Air Protect advanced cushioning system provides superior protection around your child's head. Tinyfit system has 3 harness shoulder heights is 5 inch at the lowest, 7 inch in the middle and 9 inch at the highest. Tinyfit insert is about 16 inch from the seat bottom to the top of the head area. The top of a childs head cannot exceed the top of the tinyfit insert
- MACHINE WASHABLE FABRICS - The seat pad and harness covers are machine washable and removable with simple snaps. There's never a need to uninstall the seat or rethread the harness for cleaning.
- EXTRA-COMFORTABLE RIDE - The premium fabrics and padding on the Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat provide the most comfort for your child during the ride.
- EASIER INSTALLATION - The seat features a deep recline adjustment system for a more customized fit to your vehicle and is also easier to install thanks to LATCH compatibility..Fits Child (Forward Facing): Height between 29 inches and 52 inches
The Combi Coccoro car seat can take from a premature baby of 3 pounds (using the padded insert) right up to a toddler of 40 pounds. This car seat is compact enough that you can fit up to 3 of them side-by-side in most cars. The seat has an energy absorbing foam and side-impact protection, and with a five-point harness it’s been safety tested to meet all US federal safety requirements. The Combi Coccoro might lack some of the convenience features found in other car searts but it’s a sturdy and safe car seat which can still be used as your baby grows.
- Can be used forward and reverse facing
- Good for newborns (comes with an infant support insert)
- Takes from premature baby to 40 pound toddler
- Can fit 3 of these seats next to each other
- Crotch strap could be a little longer
At night, you're in front of the fridge. You see the chocolate cake you saved. You know you should go back to bed, but you really want that cake. Pregnancy can cause strong cravings. Your taste buds...
Having a baby is one of the most exciting and life-changing experiences a person can have. It can also be overwhelming, as there are so many things to consider and prepare for before you have a...