Chicco double strollers are well known for their budget friendly and quality strollers. They have a few different types of double strollers on the market, including side-by-side, tandem and sit and stand strollers. Below we review our top double umbrella stroller picks from Chicco.
In this article
- OUR TOP PICKS – BEST CHICCO DOUBLE STROLLER
- Chicco Cortina Together Tandem Stroller
- Chicco Echo Twin Double Stroller
- Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
OUR TOP PICKS – BEST CHICCO DOUBLE STROLLER
Chicco Cortina Together Tandem Stroller
We review the Cortina double stroller from Chicco, which gets our vote as the best Chicco tandem stroller to buy. It’s a feature packed, sturdy and lightweight tandem umbrella stroller that is really versatile.
What’s pretty amazing is that the Chicco double stroller can be configured to carry kids of at totally different ages – two babies (or twin infants), a baby and toddler or two toddlers. It does this by letting you reconfigure the stroller and the addition of compatible car seats which can be clicked into place for infants when needed.
One of the nice things about this Cortina double stroller is that both seats are of a decent size. So often we see double strollers where one of the seats is shallower and a bit more cramped than the other, but in this case both are a good size making them equally comfortable for both children.
The stroller comes with ample storage underneath, so you’ll easily be able to fit extra toys, nappies, and even your shopping in there without too much problem. Some customers have reported that its a little bulky when folded, so if space in your car is a problem may need to make it a little more compact by removing the front wheels or cupholders before folding it up.
Whether you want to buy a double umbrella stroller for twins or two infants, or maybe a double stroller for an infant and toddler, Cortina double stroller from Chicco has you covered.
Two infants configuration
In this configuration you fold the front seat forward, and then the back seat folds backwards to take a KeyFit Chicco carrier.
The carrier simply clicks into place.
You can do this to both seats allowing you to fit a baby carrier to each seat, letting you stroll with two infants.
Infant and Toddler configuration
With this configuration you can have both your baby and older kid in the double stroller with ease. This is a fairly common need for moms these days that have more than one child at slightly bigger age gaps. You can put in your your KeyFit Chicco carrier to the front or back seat and still have more than enough space for your toddler.
Two older children/toddlers configuration
With two independent arm bars and adjustable canopies, the Cortina Together allows you to personalize each seat for your child’s needs.
- Can take any combination of infants and toddlers
- Takes 2 car seats (compatible with Key Fit infant car seats )
- Back rest can go completely flat (great for kids to take a nap or to change a nappy)
- Easy one-handed folding
- Top cupholders for parents and two front cup holders in front for kids
- 3 different adjustable positions for the push handle bar
- Large zipped basket for extra storage
- One touch brakes
- Caters for heavier toddlers (up to 40 pounds in each seat)
- Back seat doesn’t come with cupholders, although there are two in the front seat.
But extra cupholders can be purchased for the back.
- Little heavier than some other double strollers
Chicco Echo Twin Double Stroller
This double umbrella stroller is a great compact double stroller. It offers both comfort for the kids and nice features for parents. The seat backrests are nicely padded and are separately adjustable to 4 different positions, and can be reclined almost flat. The leg rests are also adjustable to two different positions. I would have liked the double umbrella canopies to be a slightly bigger otherwise they work well enough. One other thing we liked, is that although a little heavy it does fold up quite compact and has a convenient carry handle.
- Fits through doorways
- Sturdy double wheels
- Easy to fold with carry handle
- Adjustable leg and backrests
- Little heavier than expected
- Only one cupholder
- Doesn’t take a car seat
Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
The BravFor2 standing and sitting double stroller is quite versatile, and can accommodate a combination of a baby and toddler or two toddlers. It does this by having two seats, one in the front and one at the back. The back seat can be folded up allowing a toddler to stand instead. And the front seat can also be folded forward which then allows you to attach a car seat (compatible with Chicco Keyfit carseats). It also comes with child’s tray that can be detached and canopy that can be used to cover the front or back depending on where the sun is.
We found it quite light and easy to push. Folding was also quite easy, and it is fairly compact after it’s folded. We also like that it has a convenient one-handed carrying handle.
- Takes a car seat
- Quite light and easy to push
- Easy to fold with carry handle
- Toddler can sit on Back seat, or fold it away to stand
- Canopy can be used to cover the front or back
- Takes fairly heavy weights of up to 40 pounds for each child
- Easy to put together
- Seat doesn’t recline
- Cup holders could be deeper